|Job Title||Support Services Technician|
|Location||Dallas County, Texas|
|Department||EMS Ground Operations|
To bring help and hope to patients and families following a terrible trauma, a sudden medical event, or any medical transport. To be part of the finest EMS team in the United States.
This position serves to enhance the effectiveness of the CareFlite Ground operations and to provide the Field Supervisors and staff with day-to-day logistical support.
The position supports the operational activities of the CareFlite Ground program and has primary responsibility for cleaning, stocking and daily maintenance of vehicles and equipment. This position reports to the Operations Manager directly, supports the Field Supervisors and works collaboratively with other CareFlite managers/supervisors to accomplish a team approach to the CareFlite mission of providing safe, high quality, cost effective medical transportation.
- Ensure that vehicles are cleaned, stocked and in good mechanical working order prior to being placed in service.
- Assist in preparing and shuttling vehicles for repair and service.
- Provide required documentation to management daily.
- Manage time appropriately to ensure that all areas of job responsibilities are adequately covered.
- Positive approach to problem solving and serves as a role model for co-workers in this area.
- Responsible for participating in the delivery of non-emergency wheelchair van services.
- Demonstrates ability to field incoming call.
- Able to operate communication equipment within transport services. Communicates with personnel internal and external in a manner that facilitates the transport process.
- Interacts with other health care professionals in a concise and professional manner.
- Maintains transport/flight logs, database information and equipment checks as outlined by policy and practice. Maintains equipment stock levels as required.
- Responsible for the safe operation of the wheelchair Van in accordance with federal, state and local laws and regulations; as well as CareFlite Policies and Procedures.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of all non-medical equipment, which is part of the ambulance and/or Wheel Chair Van.
- Demonstrates flexibility and an ability to respond to changing priorities.
- Effective written and oral communications and ability to converse in English and be understood when speaking English.
- Maintains ethical, courteous, and professional behavior that reflects favorable on CareFlite.
- Support CareFlite's mission and vision daily by adhering to core values of Safety, Customer Service, Teamwork, Quality and Fiscal Responsibility.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Mechanical ability preferred
- Current Texas Class C driver’s license
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: Moderate