|Job Title||Network Administrator|
|Location||Grand Prairie, TX|
The Network Administrator will ensure the availability and functionality of all of CareFlite’s information technology systems. This includes planning, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing network hardware, software, and communication links while ensuring minimal network downtime. The person will also diagnose, resolve, and document hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and support where required. In this role, the Network Administrator will work closely with the Director of IT and interact with all departments supporting various operational initiatives. This role requires a highly resourceful individual with emotional intelligence, self-motivation, integrity, and the ability to maintain absolute confidentiality. A composed demeanor, excellent communication skills, and the ability to follow through are a must. This individual must have a true sense of urgency, must be able to handle multiple projects, is a strong team player, is organized, thinks with agility, and stays updated on advancements in technology.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches and firewalls, as well as Windows workstations, servers, computer hardware
- Supporting network which operates 24 x 7, including messaging, authentication, telecommunications, software and hardware systems support
- Network and data security and access administration, including Active Directory and enterprise software systems
- Ensure network and systems security, integrity, and availability with best practices including malware protection, intrusion security, advanced firewalls, VPNs, network access control, vulnerability management, and systems integrity
- Maintain site software licenses and ensures licensing compliance for CareFlite
- IT Service Desk service and support delivery, including analyzing and resolving user hardware and software computer issues in an urgent and accurate manner
- Monitor and test network performance for availability, utilization, throughput and latency, provide network performance statistics/reports and identify how performance can be improved.
- Develops, implements and performs periodic testing of disaster recovery procedures and processes
- Create, update and maintain Network Diagrams utilizing Microsoft Visio.
- Works with Systems Administrator and Desktop Administrator to support server system operations (operating system updates, configuration, & integration)
- Assist and consult personnel of other departments as a computer expert
- Helps to maintain assets records and inventory Provide computer network orientation to new company staff
- Develop and conduct various training and instruction for system users on operating systems and software applications; assist users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems
- Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability and performance
- Provides emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule
- Periodically make site visits to CareFlite WAN endpoints for maintenance and optimization of services and assets
- Evaluates and tests computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software
- Establish and perform maintenance programs following company and vendor standards and industry best practices
Knowledge and Experience
- Extensive knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the Information Technology field.
- Proven experience working on Cisco Routers/Switches, Palo Alto, HP Switches, Dell Switches, Juniper Routers
- Microsoft Windows networking with Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Working technical knowledge of Point to Point VPN (IPSec) with practical application.
- VPN/Firewall hardware installation, management, configuration and troubleshooting in multi-platform environments.
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/UDP protocols, IP Subnetting, SNMP, STP, VTP, QOS and VLAN’s.
- Knowledge of firewall technologies, best practices and configuration methods.
- Knowledge of Linux administration is a plus.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP, Palo Alto certification is a plus.
- Verifiable experience managing a multisite corporate network.
MINIMUM CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years of experience in technology demonstrating growing responsibilities (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree (Preferred)
- Network Administration: 3 year (Required)
- Cisco Router/Switch: 3 year (Preferred)
- Palo Alto Firewall: 3 year (Preferred)
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP Certification
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Administrator (PCNSA)
- Desire to achieve certifications relative to job duties