|Job Title||Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Mechanic)|
|Location||Grand Prairie, TX|
|Reports to||Directly to the Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor and/or the Director of Maintenance|
Aircraft Maintenance Technician - Grand Prairie, Texas
To bring help and hope to patients and families following a terrible trauma, a sudden medical event, or any medical transport. To be part of the finest EMS team in the United States.
CareFlite AMT’s are responsible for maintenance, inspections, repairs and modifications of CareFlite aircraft and for ensuring that the CareFlite aircraft remain in an airworthy condition on a twenty-four (24) hour as needed basis.
CareFlite AMT’s are part of the professional team which provides air ambulance transport in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area. As members of that team they must possess the interpersonal and communication skills to promote teamwork and contribute to the mission of the organization in a positive and proactive manner.
- Performs maintenance, inspections, repairs and modifications in accordance with FAA regulations, manufacturer’s recommendations and CareFlite maintenance policies and procedures.
- Utilizes CareFlite maintenance resources appropriately to accomplish required tasks and optimize in-service time for the aircraft. Utilizes appropriate technical data.
- Orders anticipated parts, lubricants, etc. in sufficient quantities to ensure no aircraft downtime for these items. Utilizes appropriate CareFlite policies for ordering and storing aircraft parts.
- Completes required documents, such as DMRs and inventory sign out forms in an accurate and timely manner.
- Complies with CareFlite tool control and FOD policies.
- Maintains and secures maintenance equipment at the hospital helipads.
- Maintains in current status all maintenance manuals kept at helipads, including but not limited to, manufacturer’s maintenance manuals, CareFlite maintenance manual, Airworthiness Directives, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze problems and reach acceptable, workable solutions.
- Actively participate in quality assurance/improvement activities as directed by their supervisor. Each incumbent will acquaint themselves with the quality assurance surveys and/or quality improvement projects which affect their practice and adhere to the standards or changes implemented. Each incumbent will provide feedback in a positive proactive manner on quality assurance/improvement activities which impact their practice.
- Keeps work areas and break areas neat and clean.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Valid Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) Certificate
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledgeable of Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) regulations related to maintenance in Part 135 operations.
- Two years of maintenance experience on appropriate type of aircraft (helicopter and/or fixed wing)
- Experience in supporting 24 hour EMS air ambulance operations preferred.
- Proficient English language skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain tact and diplomacy skills in high stress situations.
- Knowledge of helicopter maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of appropriate use of tools used for helicopter maintenance procedures.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: Heavy