|Job Title||Critical Care Paramedic|
|Location||Tarrant County - Texas|
|Department||EMS Ground Operations|
Critical Care Paramedic position located in Tarrant County, TX)
*REQUIRED* Current State of Texas Paramedic (EMT-P) certification.
Full-Time Positions ONLY.
To bring help and hope to patients and families following a terrible trauma, a sudden medical event, or any medical transport. To be part of the finest EMS team in the United States.
Paramedics have the primary responsibility to act as the advocate for the patient in their care, to use critical thinking to make the best choices for the patient and utilization of all of CareFlite’s resources.
This positions require a personal commitment for the delivering of safe, high quality advanced emergency care to patients transported by CareFlite’s Ground Division. Paramedics are responsible for participating in the delivery of non-emergency and emergency patient care in accordance with Advanced Life Support Protocols and CareFlite Medical Protocols.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes appropriate clinical assessment of patients and reports medical condition to receiving facility personnel and/or family.
- Assists flight crew in loading and unloading patients for the CareFlite helicopter and for fixed wing aircraft. Adheres to all aviation safety requirements in the performance of these duties.
- Communicates positively with patients, family members and medical personnel. Ensures that all individuals involved in the transport are fully informed of pertinent details related to the transport.
- Completes appropriate records to accurately report patient condition at time of transport and to record services rendered by CareFlite personnel before and during transport.
- Responsible for the safe operation of the emergency vehicle in accordance with federal, state and local laws and regulations, as well as CareFlite Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that CareFlite is perceived by its customers in a positive manner by conduction all interaction in a professional and courteous manner.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must have CCEMTP certification or course completion
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Current State of Texas certification as an Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification
- Current Dallas City Ambulance Attendant Driver permit
- Current Texas Class C driver’s license
- Working knowledge of computers and computer applications
- Effective written and oral communications and ability to converse in English and be understood when speaking English.