|Job Title||Emergency Medical Technician|
|Location||Tarrant County - Texas|
|Department||EMS Ground Operations|
|Reports to||Designated Field Supervisor|
*REQUIRED* Current State of Texas Emergency Medical Technician Basic (EMT-B) certification.
This position is for Full Time Only!
To bring help and hope to patients and families following a terrible trauma, a sudden medical event, or any medical transport. To be part of the finest EMS team in the United States.
EMTs have the responsibility to act as the advocate for the patient in their care, to use critical thinking to make the best choices for the patient and utilization of all of CareFlite’s resources.
This position has primary responsibility for the delivery of safe, high quality basic emergency care to patients transported by CareFlite’s Ground Division.
This position requires a personal commitment to CareFlite’s mission and core values and the willingness to demonstrate those core values in all activities performed for CareFlite or while representing CareFlite. The incumbent(s) of this position are active participants in the organization and support the changes necessary for the organization’s survival.
- Safety as measured by compliance with CareFlite’s safety policies including road safety scores.
- Strict adherence to all safety policies including but not limited to those policies shown on the attached safety poster in effect currently or added subsequently.
- To put forward to Paramedic partner suggestions for alternative approaches to logistical issues including use of all CareFlite resources on behalf of the patient.
- Responsible for the safe operation of the emergency vehicle in accordance with federal, state and local laws and regulations; as well as CareFlite Policies and Procedures
- Demonstrates working knowledge of all non-medical equipment, which is part of the ambulance and/or wheelchair van.
- Performs routine maintenance check on assigned vehicle at the beginning of each shift. Reports and documents maintenance performed and service required, if any.
- Assists flight crew in loading and unloading patients for the CareFlite helicopter and for fixed wing aircraft. Adheres to all aviation safety requirements in the performance of these duties.
Customer Service as measured by our customer service feedback:
- Responsible for ensuring that CareFlite is perceived by its customers in a positive manner by conducting all interaction in a professional and courteous manner
- Communicates positively with patients, family members and medical personnel. Ensures that all individuals involved in the transport are fully informed of pertinent details related to the transport.
- Accommodates family members to the extent possible without jeopardizing the safety of the patient mission or other CareFlite personnel.
- Provides CareFlite Communication center with information required to initiate, track and close out the mission.
- Meets special medical and/or comfort needs of patients to ensure that their transport is a positive experience.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Current State of Texas certification as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Current Dallas City Ambulance Attendant Driver permit
- Current Texas Class C drivers license
- Current CPR Certification
Working knowledge of computers and computer applications.
- Effective written and oral communications and ability to converse in
- English and be understood when speaking
- Lifting (Ability to lift 250lb patient or Isolette with one assist)
- Twisting Body
Cognitive ability to reason, process, etc
- Ability to hear
- Ability to see
- Ability to distinguish colors
- Ability to verbally communicate
- English grammar and effectively maintaining working relationships with other employees and the public