|Job Title||Support Services Technician|
|Location||Dallas County, Texas|
|Department||EMS Ground Operations|
JOB DESCRIPTION: Support Services Technician – Ground Division
This position serves to enhance the effectiveness of the CareFlite Ground operations and to provide the Field Supervisors and staff with day-to-day logistical support. The position supports the operational activities of the CareFlite Ground program and has primary responsibility for cleaning, stocking and daily maintenance of vehicles and equipment. This position reports to the Operations Manager directly, supports the Field Supervisors and works collaboratively with other CareFlite managers/supervisors to accomplish a team approach to the CareFlite mission of providing safe, high quality, cost effective medical transportation.
REPORTS TO / SUPERVISES
- Manages time appropriately to ensure that all areas of job responsibilities are adequately covered.
- Has active listening skills and promotes tolerance of diversity in the workplace.
- Possesses and demonstrates skills and ability to teach and mentor others.
- Actively promotes teamwork and cooperation with other CareFlite and/or outside agency personnel.
- Demonstrates a positive approach to problem solving and serves as a role model for co-workers in this area.
- Demonstrates flexibility and an ability to respond to changing priorities.
- Maintains ethical, courteous, and professional behavior that reflects favorable on CareFlite.
- Written and oral communications are clear and concise.
- Inventories equipment, supplies and parts as needed.
- Ensures that vehicles are cleaned, stocked and in good mechanical working order prior to being placed in service.
- Assists in preparing and shuttling vehicles for repair and service.
- Provides required documentation to management daily.
- Supports CareFlite mission and vision daily by adhering to core values of Safety, Customer Service, Teamwork, Quality and Fiscal Responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Mechanical ability preferred
- Current Texas Class C drivers license
- Effective written and oral communications and ability to converse in English and be understood when speaking English.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: Moderate