|Location||Dallas County, Texas *||*Position is based out of Dallas County, Texas|
|Department||EMS Ground Operations|
PARAMEDIC - (EMT-P)
*REQUIRED* Current State of Texas Paramedic (EMT-P) certification.
This position is Full Time.
To bring help and hope to patients and families following a terrible trauma, a sudden medical event, or a medical transport. To be part of the finest EMS team in the United States.
This position has primary responsibility for the delivery of safe, high quality advanced emergency care to patients transported by CareFlite’s Ground Division.
This position works requires teamwork with other CareFlite personnel to accomplish the patient care mission and provides direct supervision to EMT’s as necessary. This position may from time to time provide direction to other personnel who are being oriented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for participating in the delivery of non-emergency and emergency patient care in accordance with Advanced Life Support and CareFlite medical protocols.
- Ensures that assigned vehicle is adequately stocked and cleaned according to CareFlite policies and procedures.
- Meets special medical and/or comfort needs of patients to ensure that their transport is a positive experience.
- Completes appropriate clinical assessment of patients and reports medical condition to receiving facility personnel and/or family.
- Completes appropriate records to accurately report patient condition at time of transport and to record services rendered by CareFlite personnel before and during transport.
- Provides CareFlite Communication center with information required to initiate, track and close out the mission.
- Communicates positively with patients, family members and medical personnel.
- Ensures that all individuals involved in the transport are fully informed of pertinent details related to the transport.
- Responsible for ensuring that CareFlite is perceived by its customers in a positive manner by conduction all interaction in a professional and courteous manner.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Current State of Texas certification as an (EMT-P) Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification
- Current Dallas City Ambulance Attendant Driver permit
- Current Texas Class C driver’s license
- Effective written and oral communications and ability to converse in English and be understood when speaking English.
Physical Activity: Heavy
- Lifting (Ability to lift 250lb patient or Isolate with one assist)
- Twisting Body
- Cognitive ability to reason, process, etc.
- Ability to hear
- Ability to see
- Ability to distinguish colors
- Ability to verbally communicate
Requires knowledge of:
English grammar and effectively maintaining working relationships with other employees and the public.