|Job Title||Wheelchair Van Driver*|
|Location||Dallas County, Texas *||*Position is based out of Dallas County, Texas|
|Department||EMS Ground Operations|
WHEELCHAIR VAN DRIVER
This position if Full Time.
To bring help and hope to patients and families following a terrible trauma, a sudden medical event, or a medical transport. To be part of the finest EMS team in the United States.
This position requires teamwork and is responsible for assisting the RN, Paramedic and EMT, transporting patients by wheelchair.
- The primary responsibility of the wheelchair van driver will be to maintain and operate the ground wheelchair van in all types of weather. He/she may also work under the direction of a registered nurse, paramedic and/or EMT in patient care needs of the team, patient care provided by the transport staff.
- Responsible for participating in the delivery of non-emergency wheelchair van services.
- Demonstrates ability to field incoming call. Able to operate communication equipment within transport services. Communicates with personnel internal and external in a manner that facilitates the transport process. Interacts with other health care professionals in a concise and professional manner.
- Maintains transport/flight logs, database information and equipment checks as outlined by policy and practice. Maintains equipment stock levels as required.
- Responsible for the safe operation of the wheelchair Van in accordance with federal, state and local laws and regulations; as well as CareFlite Policies and Procedures.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of all non-medical equipment, which is part of the ambulance and/or Wheel Chair Van.
- Performs routine maintenance check on assigned vehicle at the beginning of each shift. Reports and documents maintenance performed and service required, if any.
- Communicates positively with patients, family members and medical personnel. Ensures that all individuals involved in the transport are fully informed of pertinent details related to the transport.
- Accommodates family members to the extent possible without jeopardizing the safety of the patient mission or other CareFlite personnel.
- Provides CareFlite Communication center with information required to initiate, track and close out the mission.
- Responsible for insuring response time compliance is met according to contractual obligations.
- Completes appropriate records to accurately report patient condition at time of transport and to record services rendered by CareFlite personnel before and during transport.
- Ensures that assigned vehicle is adequately stocked and cleaned according to CareFlite policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Current Basic CPR card. (or ability to obtain within 6 weeks of employment)
- Current City of Dallas wheelchair van driver permit (or ability to obtain one within 2 weeks of hire)
- Current Texas Class C driver license
- General computer knowledge, cell phone, Ipad use knowledge
- Operation of a motor vehicle within Texas state laws
- Effective written and oral communications and ability to converse in English and be understood when speaking English.