|Location||Grand Prairie, TX*||*Position is based out of Grand Prairie, TX|
To bring help and hope to patients and families following a terrible trauma, a sudden medical event, or any medical transport. To be part of the finest EMS team in the United States.
The Recruiter is responsible for the following functional areas: sourcing and recruiting, managing applicant tracking and ADP payroll system, new employee orientation and state/federal employment laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs full cycle recruitment efforts for entire company, which includes Emergency Medical Technicians, Paramedics, Pilots and Administrative positions
- Develops sourcing plans to create applicant pools to attract the best and brightest talent
- Updates job descriptions as needed with approval from Operational and Human Resources Management
- Sources, reviews and screens applicants on applicant tracking system and external job posting sites/systems
- Assists with facilitating the scheduling of interviews for potential candidates
- First point of contact for all applicants and management team involved in the recruitment process
- Facilitates and participates in scheduled on-going internal interview events
- Coordinates and participates with Operations in recruiting events, which includes local colleges
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested
- Accurately maintains data in applicant tracking system by dispositioning applicant’s status to completion
- Contacts potential applicants via email, mailed correspondences or career website messages
- Communicates with management regarding recruitment selections and status by providing updates via a recruitment spreadsheet
- Monitors pre-employment requirements, such as background and drug screenings
- Builds strategic partnerships with management team to create and implement progressive recruitment plans and processes
- Supports Operations team with all hiring needs
- Participates and implements onboarding processes and objectives
- Prepares and maintains all confidential employment new hire files
- Participates in developing and implementing hiring goals, objectives and processes
- Participates in all staffing/recruitment and new hire orientation meetings
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and departmental meetings on a regular basis
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in written form
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5 to 10 years of Recruitment experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field preferred
- PHR, SHP or SHRM-CP certification will be required to obtain within 18 months of hire. First attempt at the exam must be made within 12 months of hire date.
- Recruitment experience within EMS/healthcare environment highly preferred
- Ability to source and analyze resumes/applicants information
- Prior experience with Avesta applicant tracking system and ADP system preferred
- Effective networking skills both oral and written communication.
- - skills and computer literacy
- Must maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to perform independently at a high level; self-directed, self-motivated.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional and effective working relationships with employees, management, applicants, other departments, and external entities each of which require cooperative efforts